Early Model T-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Early Model T-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 11:21 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 11:50 pm:

Nice picture :-)
I would guess it's a 1909 due to the lack of a windshield, but then there seems to be a reinforcement across the radiator, something that didn't appear until mid 1910 model year, so maybe it was a couple of years old in the picture and the original radiator had been replaced?

Some rough roads back in those days.. I can see rebound straps on the front axle, but what was the round thing in between the straps?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 08:03 am:

that's a rubber bumper. thank you for the wonderful pics. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 09:42 am:

Roger,

My guess on the "round" thing is that the owner has probably put a set of Gabriel Snubbers on the front end.

I believe Gabriel came out with the Snubber in 1907 and there were a number of ways to set them up.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 09:43 am:

Looks like it also has rebound straps in the front in addition to the snubber.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 09:55 am:

i don't think so!!!!!! charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 10:05 am:

a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 01:26 pm:

Thanks for the enlargement.
The style of the headlights seem to say the car is a 1909 to me.
The ladies with the big hats give the note that the photo was taken in the era too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 07:14 pm:

Wonder where the car is? Or is it anywhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 07:27 pm:

Tim,
If all three people in the photo lived to be 100 years old they have all been long gone. There's probably much less than a 1% chance that car still exists.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration