What year is this hubcap

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What year is this hubcap
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 11:22 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 12:22 am:

Herb-

I believe that is a Canadian hubcap, from the nickel era, 1917-ish and on. I don't know when they added, "Made in Canada"

It is similar to the 1912 hubcap, (introduced in July 1911) but does not have the tall script.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 04:01 am:

Here are two pictures of Hub Caps that we have here in Australia.

Most of our cars came from Canada , and I would think the hub caps were supplied from Canada also.

Best regards, John Page , Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 08:34 am:

I had to zoom in and look close at those. I thought Ford may have marked them Left and Right for you fellas down under. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 09:31 am:

I saw what looked like Model T hubcaps at the Zephyrhills flea market but when I picked them up they had external threads but were marked Ford. What would the be for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 11:18 am:

Later V8 era up trucks used that type.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 01:34 pm:

That hub cap looks bigger around maybe a TT rear wheel cap Our 1917 ford bus which belongs to our club has large caps on the back. I have 1915 style brass hub caps that say made in Canada.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration