Wanting (and waiting) to get outside???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Wanting (and waiting) to get outside???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 01:18 am:

Although we haven't gotten 'dumped on' up here like some of our friends to the south & east, we're still looking for something warmer than 8 degrees... "How long until we get there?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 06:31 am:

Thanks for posting Marvin and I agree with you only I would have to wait until July before I could go out.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 07:00 am:

Marv, It's -9 and headed lower on this side of the state this morning. Spring is only a rumor on the horizon around here. At this rate the T may not get fired up for another couple of months. Stay warm!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 08:02 am:

That'll make it sometime in May for me! Can't wait that long!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 09:19 am:

Im looking forward to the day I can complain about two days of below 40F degrees. I've got the worse case of cabin fever ever. It seems the older I get the worse it gets

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 09:35 am:

We've had a few nice days above 60 down here but this is a late winter for us although a mild one--Only a few days below freezing. We're normally getting the garden ready and laying early vegetables by now. It's been cold and wet (either fog, drizzle or rain). Got over the flu but a chest cold is hanging on forever. I don't go out until it's at least 40-45. I can't feel/move my fingers below that and working in gloves doesn't work for everything.

I feel for you poor souls up north with one storm after another and sub-zero temperatures. I lived, make that existed, in the Ohio snow belt for many years so I've been through it. We have shovels down here that resemble a snow shovel but it's for cleaning out the barn. :-)

Every time there's a few flakes of snow in the "hill country", folks in San Antonio drive up to see it and cause a traffic jam. It's like a Christmas light show for them. I've seen enough of it.

(Message edited by ccwken on February 27, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 10:25 am:

47 here at 7:13 AM wet and calm. Born in North Dakota I remember leaving for Oregon with the wind blowing 35 below crossing Montana up over low low pass with the sun coming out on the west side. I feel for the folks in the ice box!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 10:32 am:

Both weather sites say Tuesday we will make 35 and have our first thaw in a long time!!!!!!!!!!!! Bud in central Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 10:39 am:

Here in the California Central Valley we've seen upper 60's over the past few days. Forecast calls for a little rain (maybe) over the weekend, but mild temperatures.

Sure do wish we could get some of the excess snow from other parts of the country relocated to our Sierra-Nevada Mountains. We sure could use it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 12:52 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart, Edwards, NY on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 01:03 pm:

I am waiting for warmer weather to get back on my restoration project. It was -17° this morning, high today 10°. It is supposed to be 35°next Wed, wanting 45 to 50.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 01:09 pm:

A couple of days ago we got above freezing and I ran a hose on my seedlings because the drought continues. I'm not a big fan of snow, but I wouldn't mind a foot or two of what you folks up in the frozen tundra have been getting. The ground is getting mighty dry. I am looking forward to open car weather. 21 days until spring. I hope it will bring some actual ran.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 02:24 pm:

By then it would be too hot to go out. Can't win dang it. Last summer was great. Most days in 70s and low 80s. Only a few in the 90s and I don't remember getting above 100 at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 07:12 pm:

Well, Meteorologically speaking, tomorrow, Feb. 28 is the LAST DAY of winter. So come Meteorological spring on March 1, what are we being greeted with? A big snowstorm of course! Expecting 6-10" here in lovely northern Ohio! Can't beat it! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 10:59 pm:

Tim, I think maybe we should think about a couple of snow-mobile conversions so we could at least get out and play once in awhile. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 07:58 am:

Might not be a bad idea Jim! On the brighter side, they've cut back out snow amount to a "mere" 4-8" LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 09:40 am:

It was -3 at 5am when I got up here in Denver. About a foot of snow on the ground and more snow in the forecast today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 10:12 am:

40 here at 7 AM still wet and calm predicted high of 50 looks like work in the heated shop today!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 10:58 am:

Had to feed the cows a few round bales this 32 degree morning. They have to maintain a normal 102 degree body temperature and they do it by eating. I dropped the roll of hay off the rear hydraulics of my '57 Ford tractor and rushed to put a circular ring around it before the bull pushes it down the hill into the pond. Ice on top makes it very difficult to cut and remove the twine and I see the pesky calves have removed all 4 spark plug wires and left them scattered on the ground. Yeah, I'm ready for warmer weather too !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Geisler on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 11:30 am:

Nothing like some of you guys are having to deal with, here. The problems of having a 6000 sq ft restoration facility is I cannot keep a metal building really warm enough to work in in this weather. So when it reaches into the teens and ice and snow comith! We CLOSETH!
I FEEL for you guys farming and having NO choice but to get out and get er done!!!
It just costs soooo much to heat the bays in the shop. Opposite in the really HOT summers too.
Dale, I loved your attachment photo! Snow is no where that deep here. 3-5". But still I get tired of slipping or starting to slip and the sudden JERK is what hurts my tired old bones. SO I too am inside for the time being.
Good luck and keep warm to all T'ers out there in the globe.
Joe in Mo.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration