Headlight gasket

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Headlight gasket
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Saniewski Denville NJ on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 06:33 am:

I tried to search out the archives, but keep getting an error. What did Ford use to hold the headlight gasket in place? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 06:55 am:

Ed, I don't know what ford used but what works for me is a touch of clear weatherstrip adhesive. Takes very little. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 09:02 am:

Ford probably didn't use anything but a slightly dampened cord so it was pliable or the gaskets were preformed for assembly. I would expect that the lights were preassembled on a bench fixture face up then routed to the assembly line after the fenders were in place. In factory photos, you never see just the buckets in place. The cars have lights or they don't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 09:39 am:

I found a few dabs of rubber cement worked just fine. Just need to hold them in place long enough to get the lens on, then the gasket can't move.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 10:50 am:

From the parts list in the encyclopedia:

GASKET (Headlamp door lens)
6578X
Jan 15 6578 1915 1915-27 .05
Aug 22 6578 .03
Oct 27 6578 1915-27 .03

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 11:06 am:

I use a hot glue gun to install the headlight gaskets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 11:08 am:

I used a few dabs of my daughter's stick-type school paste on the gasket at the 12, 3, and 9 o'clock position between the gasket and the reflector.

Worked perfect.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration