Time to retire and pass the torch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Time to retire and pass the torch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter B. Szumowski on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 11:59 am:

While many of you know I have talked about retiring from winding coils for some time, the time has come. This decision was not easy to make because of the many hobbyist's we have made friends with, not only in the States but aboard too. It is nearly twenty years that we have turned the mandrel and cotton wound the wire, since we have recycled our wire I have no idea how many times I turned the crank or the yards of cotton tape that Fran used. We can say each field coil was done the same as if it was going into our own car. This will be the last year for us at Chicksaha as vendors. At this time we are proud to say Mark Fleichhacker will assume the helm of Total Re Coil. Mark is a long time Model T enthusiast, past Board Member of the MTFCI, and recently retired from his business. Mark is very conscious to detail and has spent some time with us learning the various nuances and procedures we use in winding a coil. I believe Mark will take Total Re Coil to another level. We would appreciate it if all the hobbyist's that supported us will support Mark. Please come by our spaces at Chickasha and meet Mark.
To all our friends in the Model T world Fran and I wish to thank each and everyone, we have enjoyed servicing your needs and answering questions. This is not good bye this is only a passing of the torch.
Fran and Wally Szumowski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William P Schubert....Bay City, Michigan on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 12:05 pm:

Thank you for your wonderful contribution to our hobby, both my cars run fantastic on mag in part to your workmanship. God Bless

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 12:26 pm:

Wally, great that you are passing the business on to Mark. I worked with him on the youth auction a few years ago and not only is he a T guy but is well organized and concerned about the hobby. He will do you proud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 12:27 pm:

Wally, we wish you and Fran the best and thank you for all the good work. Your coils are in both my cars.

Ted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 12:46 pm:

Thank You, Wally & Fran for your years of service providing a first class product to this great hobby of ours !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 01:15 pm:

Best wishes on your retirement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 01:33 pm:

Your coils were always PERFECT !! Thank's . Happy retirement!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 01:45 pm:

Wally, as a retired motor repair and rewinding shop manager I know good work when I see it. Your coils are truly a work of art, and they perform perfectly! Enjoy your much deserved retirement and thank you for your dedication to this hobby. Just think, you won't have to eat any more pizza from here on out!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 04:42 pm:

Wally,

Thanks for all you've done for the hobby! The nice thing is, even though you're retiring from coil rewinding, the friends you've made are here to stay. I hope you count me among them. See you in OK, okay?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 04:54 pm:

Thanks for everything Wally. I won't see you at Chickasha this year but hope to on the MTFCI tour in MO. Wish you all the best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 07:26 pm:

Thanks Wally. Your field coils are in 4 of my Model Ts and I feel the surge of engine power every time I turn the key to the right. You've been a huge help to us! And I only need one more so I'll see you at Chickasha. Will Mark need any cores?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 10:18 pm:

The business is going from one great guy to another. For those of you who don't know Mark, he is one of the most unassuming, stand up guys that I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. He's very dedicated to promoting the hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 10:59 pm:

Wally: Thank you, for your dedication to providing a quality product, quality service and a well earned quality retirement. Be well, my friend, be well. Jack Putnam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 05:47 am:

Wally,
I have said this several times, you are one of the nicest gentleman that I have met in my life. I started buying field coils from you at Hershey in the early 2000's. You treated me with kindness even though I was a Model T novice. I have patterned my business from yours, to do it right or not at all. I wish you and Fran many years of enjoyment in the retirement from your business. Your contribution to the hobby is something you both should be very proud of. Please stay in touch and I wish you much health and happiness.
Brent
The Coil Doctor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 06:42 pm:

Wally, your product is good, but you are better. Always a gentleman. Maybe we'll see you on the road, since your just south of us. Mike Zahorik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 08:00 am:

Wally,

Thank you for all the coil rings you have done for me. 3 of my cars in the garage have your coil rings in their engines right now. All run perfectly on "MAG" thanks to your excellent work!!!!!

It is great also to hear that the tradition will be carried forward after your retirement.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration