Finished Project - Service HCCT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Finished Project - Service HCCT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 07:21 pm:

Finished rewiring with cloth covered wire, turned new stand-offs out of Delrin and replaced a cracked spark ring with one of Bob. S's brass ones - turned out O.K. !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 07:26 pm:

Another photo indicating a "Model 200" as near as I can interpret the casting letters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

Anyone ever seen this maker of HCCT ? The SERVICE ???????? CO. SPRINGFIELD OHIO USA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 08:49 pm:

Looks like a nice job.

It is the Service Electric Co.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/346598.html?1363042109

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 09:00 am:

Steve
I have restored a few of that type HCCT.
The casting is marked Service Products Co. Springfield, Ohio.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 11:01 am:

Thanks Guys - I can't make out the lettering !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 11:47 am:

Mine is just like that, but doesn't say anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 12:44 pm:

How tall is the casting on the front of yours, Larry ? I've been looking at photos of different testers and some are taller in the front and have cast letters, as does mine - some are quite shorter with no lettering - perhaps the original Ford design ? There is a considerable difference in the shape of the cranking handles - some are near identical to a Ford tapered starting crank handle and mine has a more "bulbous" shape ?

Maybe Ron P. can chime in with more information as our "resident" coil expert ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 01:19 pm:

Bit of trivia: After John Heinze left Heinze Electric Co., he formed the John O. Heinze Company which later became The Service Products Company.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 03:02 pm:

Over the last twenty years I have found seven different types of HCCT's. The differences are subtle. If you post a photo I can identify which one you have.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 06:58 pm:

Ford HCCT

Ford HCCT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 07:03 pm:

Weidenhoff HCCT

Weidenhoff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 07:05 pm:

Service Station Equipment HCCT.

SSE HCCT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 07:06 pm:

Allen Electric HCCT (One meter)

Allen one meter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 07:08 pm:

Allen Electric HCCT (two meter)

Allen Electric two

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 07:09 pm:

K.R. Wilson HCCT

KRW

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 07:10 pm:

K.R. Wilson HCCT (motorized}

KRW Motor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 07:12 pm:

Early Ford 17-Z-803 HCCT

17-Z

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 07:13 pm:

Service Products HCCT

sp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 07:17 pm:

Goss HCCT (Made in Holland-very similar to KRW)

Goss

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 07:22 pm:

HCCT Meters

Weston

Jewell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 07:23 pm:

HCCT meters

Dual Jewell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 08:55 pm:

Hey Ron
Whats the purpose of the groves cut in the spark ring on the service model?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 08:59 pm:

Ask and yee shall receive - Thanks Ron !!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 09:02 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 10:04 pm:

Great job Steve. It looks more like it does now then it did before :-)

Here's Mine - I resurrected it from a basket case.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 10:22 pm:

Geez Randal for a minute I thought you been in my garage and taken that picture. Then I realized my HCCT is different brand than yours.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration