Marietta Swap Meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Marietta Swap Meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 07:13 am:

Only 7 (seven) more days until the Marietta swap meet. Advanced weather forecast predicts partly cloudy and a high of 40 degrees with no precipitation. Gonna be another good time in southern Ohio.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 08:25 am:

Looking forward to it. This will be my FIRST swap meet. Any pointers for an excited member?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 10:27 am:

Be there at 7 as that is when it opens and all will be set up from the night before. Usually good buys are all around. Make sure to get some of the homemade pie and goodies while there. And usually by 2 or so, its time to go home, but the vendors are encouraged to stay til 3.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 03:26 pm:

I am coming to the swap meet.I am not setting up as we have some motors to pick up. I can bring Top bows or Hassler bolts,TT jack handles ,RB tire carriers,if anyone needs me to. Just need to know ahead of time. jackdaron@aol.com 317-679-6624. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 04:34 pm:

What are Hassler bolts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 05:19 pm:

Hasssler bolts are the main bolt that holds the Hassler shocks on car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Prus Sr on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 06:42 pm:

I will be there on Saturday with my new high compression aluminum T heads and Prism brass polish for you brass car guys. It works fantastic. I will also have some t parts to get rid of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bird on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 06:55 pm:

Anyone bringing some early T parts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 07:05 pm:

What else do you need?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bird on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

Here's my list:
DB "C" pedal
DB spindles
Rear axle gears
1 more rear body bracket for early frame 09-13 (that bolts on to the frame)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 08:21 pm:

I'll look.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Anderson on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 10:39 pm:

I need a carbide generator. Any chance of finding one there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 07:21 am:

A couple of years ago, there was a very nice one there. I guess it all depends on who shows up and what they bring. I would say chances are fair to middling you may find one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Burton on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 07:35 pm:

I will be looking for a tool box to mount on the running board of a Speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bird on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 06:42 pm:

I will be bringing these items for trade:

1 pair of 1914-16 Running Board brackets
3 running board brackets for 1916-21

Tie rod for 1918-27

1 pair front fender irons for 1917-25

1 front spring (Square ended)

1 pair rear radius rods for 1919-25 (seamed type)
with anti rattlers

1 front axle with early style over the axle wishbone perches (no oil holes)

1 crank case front frame with U Bolts

1 Left hand Early Spindle for 1911-1917 with Spindle Arm

1 pair Spindles for 1917-25 with one spindle arm

2 Lettered (R) pedals. Both exceptionally nice with little or minimal wear on the pad.

I'm looking for some early T parts if you would like to do some trading or some trading plush cash let me know. Thanks
Mike Bird

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe raab on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 09:38 pm:

how much snow do they have

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 08:21 am:

it'll be 54 there this weekend, should not have a problem with snow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash Southeastern Ohio on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 10:16 am:

I am about 25 miles north and we had about 5" they had a little more, not much. But the Fairgrounds are just a short drive from I-77 and I am sure Marietta has the streets very clean by now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 03:25 pm:

I look forward to meeting many of you for the first time. Please seek me out. I will be wearing this hat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 07:27 pm:

Drove in form Louisville today to Marietta at 70 MPH all the way. Roads clear and dry. Lots of sun. Many vendors here all set up and waiting for the crowds tomorrow. Do not let the weather deter anyone from coming. There is more snow in the parking lot than I saw all the way here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bird on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 03:04 pm:

Well, I had a great time today at the swap meet. Met some new people. It was nice to put faces to the people that are on the forum. There was good deals all around. I scored a complete set (front and rear) Mae West shackles, and a nice brass sediment bulb for my 12. I'm already looking forward to next year. Great job guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 03:43 pm:

Loved the swap , lotsa stuff to look at and met some great people as well. Got a great deal on a starter and really nice 26 headlight as well as a few others , thanks guys !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 04:03 pm:

My compliments to Norm and the group for another swell swap meet. Lots of good stuff went to new homes. Food was great and had lots of time to chat and catch up. I am just glad the weather got good. Looking forward to next year.
Thanks Jack for finding the shackles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 07:54 pm:

We traveled a little over 600 miles,got a great dinner at the local historic hotel and it was a fun meet. There were,I believe,more folks there this year than ever and a few more vendors. I found a turtle deck and picked up the pick-up bed along with some small goodies.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration