OT-need help for a Toyota master brake cylinder

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT-need help for a Toyota master brake cylinder
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Velling, Germany on Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 10:29 am:

Hello, i have a Toyota Celica Coupe with 1577 ccm and 81 kw. I need a Brake master cylinder for that car. The part number, as Toyota told me, is 47201-14201 and the Car Code is TA40L-BCMQGW.

My Brake Master Cylinder is 18,5 cm (7,2 inch) long and the mounting plate at the end is 9,5 cm x 6,5 cm (3,75 inch x 2,5 inch)

The car is from 1981.

Here in germany are no parts available, but i found some US-guys on ebay, but they dont answer.

Has anyone an idea or a contact for me?

Thanks a lot

Michael

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 11:00 am:

You should be able to go online to O'Rielly, Napa, Auto Zone or Toyota parts and find what you need. Just Google Toyota brake parts and you should get a number of choices.

I don't know about international shipping, but I imagine once you locate the part you need you could communicate via email and get it worked out.

Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 11:03 am:

Michael
This is not the answer you are looking for, but if it was mine I would see if I could rebuild it myself.
1. Wash it well using soap and water, NO petroleum based solvents!! Commercially available "Brake Kleen" is worth considering.
2. Now take it apart and clean it again.
3. Unless it has been left with water in it, it will not likely be corroded inside.
4. Buy a "brake hone" and carefully have a go at the bore if there is any visible wear
5. The internal seals will very likely be identical to some other master cylinder. I would start with Japanese brands first.Finding seals may be easy, or perhaps difficult. Remember, it was built be ordinary people!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 11:24 am:

Michael

I just looked at NAPA.com and there you can purchase a remanufactured master brake cylinder for $42.99 and a new one for $52.99. BUT...with the remanufactured unit there is an additional cost of $11.00 for the core unless you return the old one. It appears that a new one is your best option.

If NAPA won't ship it to you in Germany, contact me via a private message and I'll assist you.

Timothy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 11:51 am:

My Napa shop program shows one new one in Grand Rapids Michigan, and 50 of them in Columbus Ohio, for $43.49
Auto Value has a new Wagner brand unit available for $63.17

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 11:58 am:

rockauto.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Velling, Germany on Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 02:44 pm:

Thanks a lot. Will check this. Michael

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration