Re building a Frontenac head and have questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Re building a Frontenac head and have questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steel cleat on Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 01:16 pm:

A newbie here so patience please.....
I just picked up a SR head and am looking for info to complete an engine.
I need a SR cam cover. I have a combination of original and aftermarket alum. castings for the chaincover assembly,waterpump, oilpump,and the horizontal shelf that supports the mag. and waterpump
What I need is a starting and ending point for machining, mating, aligning all the chaincover parts.
Anybody out there have schematics, detailed pictures etc to aid in this assembly??
Is there someone already making rockerarm shafts for the R or S?
Valves-what are good choices for the SR or R & S?
I've got some unmolested 26 T blocks and an unmachined large journal B crank but no rods or pistons.
So yes, I need some direction in building a mildly competitive T engine and to compound things I'm not sure what I'll put it in yet.
Thanks in advance for any help
Is there a basic "recipe" T book already for building from mild to wild?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 01:51 pm:

Found this in my notes for my R head:

PC4317-8 SPEEDMASTER...1.88" STAINLESS EXHAUST VALVE...QTY. 8...5.522" Overall Length(+.100 over stock)
COMPATIBLE WITH 7 AND 10 DEGREE LOCKS
STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST VALVE VALVES SET QTY. 8 SWIRL POLISHED 1.88" +.100 LONG
-----------

Hello to Grass Pants.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 07:25 pm:

I would like to help and probably could but your username is "flyguy" and your full name is "steel cleat" so it is not going to happen.

Sorry, I assume you have some reason to hide your identity and I don't.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steel cleat on Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 08:44 pm:

Rick,
Is this information in a book somewhere that is currently in print?
Thanks so much for the reply

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 09:41 pm:

Tim, he just sent me a PM, and didn't have the tribal knowledge that we much prefer real names and places here. Here's our exchange:
----------

Rick,
Thanks so much for the reply.
It looks as if I've violated some etiquette by not listing my name.and hence not receiving other replies.
What's up with that?
Roland
---
As opposed to most other Forums, the tradition in this one is to use your real name and location. It's really helpful, although there's no rule. I looked at your profile before replying, and was pleased to see you posted as much as you did.

You may get other replies. There are few with Frontys, especially SR.

---------------------
Roland,
The valves listed were found for my R head last year, although it didn't need any. It needed guides.

I have no idea where the pages came from.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 07:45 am:

Ralph,

The pages came from "Castor oil fumes" written by "Fronty Pete" back in the 60-70's.

Got my hand where it didn't belong yesterday splitting wood and can't type much.

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 11:05 am:

Steel cleat,

Call Rockerarms Unlimited at 530-242-1316 and talk to Gary. Home page http://rockerarms.com

They are located in Redding, Ca. and Gary will help you out with what you need.

You will get a lot of information and you can then decide what you want to do.

Good luck! Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Penserini on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 01:47 pm:

Steel cleat,
Can you post photos of what you have ?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration