Reproducing another Stevens Speed UP Tool

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Reproducing another Stevens Speed UP Tool
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 04:29 pm:

This is let you all know that I am reproducing another Stevens Tool. This is Stevens Cylinder bushing tool T-235. This is for fixing a stripped head bolt threads in the Ford block. This set installs a threaded insert in the stripped hole in the block, using the head as a guide. The set consists of one Reamer, one Tap, three Positioning studs, five inserts and the insert installing tool. My set is different from the Stevens set as I am using an off the self insert this time. I will be showing the set at Chickasha, space# FP51.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 05:08 pm:

What is this set going to sell for? I would suggest that since the v8 using 7/16" studs or bolt thru 53 that you consider that also. There are a lot more v8 blocks that have threads pulled out of them by changing from studs to the later bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 10:29 am:

See Ad on the Classified page. Thanks, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 10:49 am:

Clever idea using the threaded spacers to distance the head from the block to allow for the insertion of the threaded part of the tap. Curious why you didn't include four rather than three in your set. I've used that style insert before with a high heat adhesive and they worked fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 05:58 pm:

Richard: I guess for the same reason Stevens only used three, cost. If some one wants four I do have some. I do not think I am going to make any more of these, too costly. Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 08:34 pm:

Another reason for three instead of four, is that, three will always be solid and stable. With four if you have any variation there will be a wobble. Take a look at three-legged and four-legged stools.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 11:28 am:

Nice job Dan, you always do good things. See you at Chickasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 03:39 pm:

Thanks, Larry: I have moved at Chickasha. New spaces are FP51. Outside SE corner of the South building. See you there. Dan

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration