Frame Number

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Frame Number
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Merle O. Tanner on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 10:14 am:

How do I determine the year my frame number matches? My frame number is 11518128. The engine number is 12851052 which I show to be December of 1925.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 10:19 am:

You obviously have answered your own question. The numbers don't match, so your engine has been changed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Merle O. Tanner on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 10:46 am:

I understand that point. My question is how do I determine the year the frame was produced?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 10:50 am:

What style of car do you have, Merle? 11,518... is an April 1925 number, but ford never stamped the engine number in the frame until december 1925 when 1926 style cars had been produced for months. Maybe someone else have stamped it or maybe it's actually 14,xxx,xxx that has rusted or is hard to read?

Do you have a '25 style car with the small brake drums in the rear or an improved Ford with the large 11" rear brakes, wider rear frame crossmember, etc, etc?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 10:50 am:

Pictures would help :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 10:55 am:

Merle, your frame's number dates it to Tuesday, April 7, 1925. The problem with that is that “Motor number was first placed on frame side member R.H. on Dec. 12, 1925. Motor No. 12,861,044. Information obtained from Mr. Burns, Final Assy., Highland Park.” From your engine number I'm guessing that your car is a 1926 made a week before frame numbering began. I have no idea why somebody put a 1925 number on it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration