OT - Suspicious E-Mails?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Suspicious E-Mails?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 10:34 am:

Stan H. had posted about receiving a questionable email. At the risk of redundancy, am posting another response.
Unless a gracious friend finally notifies them (an un-knowing hack-ee 'sender') of receiving a suspicious message - supposedly from them, people are usually not even aware their (the Hack-ee's) email address 'book' has been stolen by a hacker.... Should you be a recipient, check the Subject line first, and if the 'message' is another link for you to open.... Best to delete it, or communicate with the Hack-ee before opening. When you open one of those messages, YOU will become the next Hack-ee!! If you were (the previously unknowing Hack-ee), best and quickest solution is to CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD FOR THAT EMAIL ACCOUNT! Then, run your malware program - often. I have no connection to them, but I am very pleased with Best Buy's WEBROOT system. It automatically 'sweeps' every 24 hours, or if I haven't run it, it notifies me when/if there is something suspicious. A scan or removal takes usually only 2 to 3 minutes or less. Their 'Geek Squad' even answers my questions! FYI - I have a Windows 8 operating system.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration