Cowabunga Going to Surf City

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Cowabunga Going to Surf City
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 05:08 pm:

Larry strapped this board to my coupe when we were in Hawaii. What do you think Gene?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 05:10 pm:

DUDE!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 05:33 pm:

Well Kirk, it's not a Woody but looks cool!

Now that I looked closer you should have the mast tied on next to it so you could drop the keel and do some windsurfing.

How they use boards close to these for SUP's (Stand Up Paddleboards) I'm a "rag" guy myself and love the feel of the free wind shooting us along in our sails.

Love the car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 07:11 pm:

A Surfers Coupe!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 09:17 pm:

I never knew you were an old surfer, Gene. I thought you were just an old hippie. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 09:23 pm:

Bitchin', Dude!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 10:07 pm:

Steve - I was hoping you'd left that silly California young punk beach bum talk in California when you left!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 10:51 pm:

You can take the boy out of califunny but you cant take the califunny out of the boy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach & Big Bear on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 12:06 am:

I purchased my first surf board from Dale Patton in 1947. He charged me five dollars. it was made of redwood stringers and covered in 1/8 inch aircraft plywood. It had a hole drilled in the upturned nose and had a cork stuck in it. The tail was square and it had a six inch skeg. I loved that board and got big chest muscles making it go. I used to grab a beach towel between my toes and used it as a sail. I was wind surfing in 1947

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 12:48 am:

What happens on the beach, should stay on the beach!
:-)
But, that's Narely Dude!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 10:01 am:

Did you see the national news last night? We had 3" of hail on the beach in Surf City, and a couple of guys surfed it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 10:09 am:

For those who haven't lived in the L.A. area, I can tell you that thunder is very rare there. You can go several years without ever hearing any. But I had an email from my brother this morning telling me that there was thunder in Lomita yesterday, and one of his dogs was barking at it. Of course this proves that climate change is a hoax.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 10:19 am:

Ricks, something tells me that aint the first hail storm they surfed in. The first 1 is where is how they got their brain injury that fixed it so they did not know the dangers. A 3 inch hail stone making a direct hit on your head would probably take your behind right off the face of the earth.Or at least make you a vegetable plate anyhow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 10:23 am:

Steve, When your blowing smoke up peoples butt's "Climate Change" does have a better ring to it then "Global Warming".:-) Oh, and carbon's evil too.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 10:31 am:

No big hail there, Mack. Like thunder, any at all is pretty rare. During more than forty years I lived there, I think I may have seen hail maybe three or four times. It was all mighty small stuff. They just don't have the wide differences in temperature that produce big hail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 10:44 am:

I feel very fortunate to have been raised in Granada Hills, a northern burb of LA. I must admit I knew nothing about weather until I moved back to Nebraska when I was 20.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 11:47 am:

Was pretty amazing to see that Black cloud come moving in. It reminded me of where I grew up back in Iowa. Sure don't see much weather here but sun, surf and foggy mornings.

It'll be a day the kids can remember for quite awhile

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 12:05 pm:

The production of hail has zero to do with "climate change". Large hail is produced whenever the air mass has lots of lifting capacity (instability) and a large amount moisture is present period. It lifts this moisture above the freezing level where the super cooled water combines to form hail. Eventually, there is enough of it by weight to overcome the lifting action of the air mass and it dissipates falling back to earth. This can and does happen all over the place. Occurs often with thunderstorms in the midwest and south.

It does however help to claim that every bad event in human history is due to climate change brought about by the burning of fossil fuel.

Trying to tie the two together is like trying to claim the reason Hitler didn't drink was because it made him mean.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 12:17 pm:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration