Picture test

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Picture test
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 04:59 am:

new camera lets see if its any better

sam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 05:00 am:

guess the answer is nope

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 07:16 am:

Sam, You have got to turn it on and take the lens cap off! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 07:56 am:

Easiest way to resize a photo is to load it into your Facebook account (if you have one) and save the photo from there - Facebook automatically resizes photos enough for them to fit here 99% of the time.

Otherwise try any of these free options: http://goo.gl/ahBxve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 08:02 am:

as i said before mtfci, click- click. done. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 08:12 am:

Yep, Charley, but are there many readers and answers to your posts over there?
The main portion of the regulars have moved between the club forums before but there were more urgent reasons for a move back in 2002 and 2005(?) like forum closedowns, so most will likely stay here unless something worse comes up than difficulties to upload photos :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 08:16 am:

Good one Dennis. And I wonder how many folks don't realize that once you load your picture onto your computer to the file of your choice, all you have to do is go to that picture, do a right click on that picture, choose "edit", then when the new window with the otherwise possibly oversized pic shows up, click "resize" and choose the PIXEL size you want. All I do is change the Horizontal from whatever it is to "560" and it automatically changes the Vertical for you. Close it, save the change that it will ask you, and you're done. Then go post it. Doesn't get any easier than that. They can have all their simple re-size apps and that that they want, this works well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 08:25 am:

That was new for me, Tim :-)
May give small pictures and you may have to try a couple of times until you get under the 194 kB limit, but it's built into windows and eliminates the need for going online for resizing needs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 09:32 am:

tim. i have done that,but not all pic are the same size, so it is still a lot of guess work.if they can do it why not here????????. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 09:54 am:

Here we go again. Even for me, it's easy. Not terribly hard with a clunky PC, easier with a Mac. Quit fighting it. Get some kid to show you how. If you don't have a kid handy, take it to a local computer shop and have somebody there show you. You've already learned lots of stuff that's a lot more complicated. It ain't brain surgery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 10:02 am:

steve ,i have tryed that they just lol at how old fashioned the site is.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 10:28 am:

I tried that just to check it out, right click to edit photo (windows XP), I am missing that file! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 10:58 am:

Try IrfanView. It's a free download that makes re-sizing photos easy. I just downsize my photos twice and they fit this forum. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 11:38 am:

I AM A COMPUTER DUMMY! There, the truth is out, and it can be told!! Mark S. has presented this often, AND, IT WORKS! After opening the site, proceed to find your photo or complete 'batch' of photos. Re-size, and save, to where you can locate and retrieve easily for MTFCA posting. (I like to 'save' the re-sized pics to my Desktop, where there's less clutter to find them and can also be easily deleted when I'm finished.) Go to MTFCA site, your message, and attach your photo(s). Thanks again, Mark!
-The link-

http://www.picresize.com/batch.php

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 11:58 am:

marvin. i tried it still a lot of guess work.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 12:12 pm:

Yeah, that's one of the several reasons I hated my Windows machine and got rid of it.

With a Mac I can adjust to exactly 194 KB before I click OK.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration