Old Photo - Checking Under The Hood

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Checking Under The Hood
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 10:41 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 10:54 am:

Given that's such an early T and given that guy's last car was probably a horse, how much do you think he actually knows about the engine? :-)

Thanks again Jay!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 11:29 am:

Look at those skinny wheel spokes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 11:29 am:

if my 10 looked like that someone might give me what i want for it!!! is that brass plate on the brake lever.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 11:37 am:

Well Henry my guess is he knows about that engine as much as we all did when we first got our Model T's. But I think he is hooking up his laptop computer to check for any engine problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 01:01 pm:

I have a hard time relating to men wearing suits while looking under the hood. Of course, I usually only wear suits to weddings, funerals, and church if the weather is cold.

I must remember, though, that in the old days men wore suits when on picnics, or when hiking in the mountains. And I can remember my dad wearing a suit when he drove to work, and then changing into "old" clothes to do the actual work. The "old" clothes were an old worn suit and worn white shirt. His clothes were either the "best" or the "old" ones! Attached is a picture of a family picnic in 1942. I am the oldest child in the front row.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 01:04 pm:

I couldn't open Upload Attachment, so the post is here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 01:07 pm:

Norm,

Who's the sailor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 09:05 pm:

That was the reason for the picnic. Cousin Dayton had just graduated from navy Boot Camp in San Diego and was home on leave. Later two of the other men in that picture also enlisted in the navy.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 09:26 pm:

That looks like a Petty Officer insignia on his sleeve. You don't get those just out of boot camp.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration