Old Photo - Effort Underway To Restore Explorer Donald MacMillan's Snowmobile

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Effort Underway To Restore Explorer Donald MacMillan's Snowmobile
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 11:06 am:

Here's a link to the article on this.

http://provincetown.wickedlocal.com/article/20150214/News/150218210#sthash.uzPiVDBm.dpuf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 11:41 am:

Another article on the snowmobile and some really great photos in the slide show. The slide show has pictures of the parts they found. Sorry, can't seem to download the photos to a jpeg file...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/07/automobiles/labradors-first-snowmobile-heads-d own-the-comeback-trail.html?ref=automobiles&_r=0#

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 12:02 pm:

Does he have a pipe in his mouth? Is that what I'm seeing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 12:31 pm:

Seth, I sure hope so, because the alternative would be disgusting!

One detail that strikes me is the fact that a broken valve was replaced with a non Ford component...One would think that a mechanized expedition of this nature would include spare parts... maybe a whole spare engine. Interesting article.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration