Wanted 22 roadster body and low radiator and other parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Wanted 22 roadster body and low radiator and other parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Scott Fancher on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 03:16 pm:

Looking for somebody in central or southern Illinois with model t parts. And im willing to pay shipping on some stuff also looking for low head

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 04:44 pm:

Well, that leaves out uncle Jack. He lives in west central IN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 06:24 pm:

Mike he lives South of Effingham,Il. That's The pool capital of the USA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 06:31 pm:

Mike who? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 06:35 pm:

knock knock, ...oh, wait thats backwards!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 06:37 pm:

Sorry I meant to say the other George...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 07:39 am:

Craig,

Based on your other posting at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/525393.html?1426328797 it sounds like your engine is running. But from your request for a body etc. it sounds like you may have a chassis and not have a body or a body that needs a lot of work. If that is the case, you may want to consider a temporary speedster body, open pickup body, etc. until you find and prepare a body. See: http://www.rootlieb.com/speedster-kits.html

Also you may want to decide what you want to do with your car. If you would like to make it as reasonably correct for a given year, your approach will probably be different than if you want to get it on the road as quickly as possible and you don’t care how many parts are from different years etc. There isn’t a “right or wrong” answer to that question. It is up to you. But if you don’t make a decision to pick a specific year for your car you will almost always wind up with a larger mix of different year parts than if you decide to shoot for a single model year.

Let us know which way you are going on that. For it can impact what type of body you are looking for. If you don’t care about the year range parts – any 1915-1923 roadster body will fit any 1909-1925 chassis. So will the 1924-25 body – but in that case you either need to run it without a hood, swap to a high radiator and appropriate hood, put blocks under the low radiator to raise it up to the proper height of a high radiator and appropriate hood etc. And 1922 is a unique year for roadster bodies. In calendar year 1922 you could purchase an older style 1915-1922 style body or a later style 1923 body (which would have been a 1923 model year roadster). See: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/1921-25H.htm where it states: “The Runabouts received the new body styling about October 1922 (the date is uncertain). Also at this time the Runabout also received the new turtle deck which was considerably larger and flared upward to match the rear of the body.” So an engine manufactured in late 1922 could easily have been installed in a car with the 1923 model year body.

Again I would recommend joining the local Model T club near you. It will help you a lot in deciding what options you have and how you want to proceed. If I was only going to have one Model T, I personally would prefer a body style that would allow me to carry more passengers. I can give four or even five kids a ride in the touring easily at one time but only one kid at a time in my speedster. Of course I knew one owner that had a two seater because it would only carry one other passenger – and he liked that idea.

Good luck with your T.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Scott Fancher on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 11:30 pm:

How do you guys know where I live and what does pool capital mean

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry LaPatka- East Tennessee on Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 02:22 pm:

If you need some side and tail lights and other items email or call me at ltlapatka@gmail.com or 423-623-5656

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration