List of fastner size and cotter pins

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: List of fastner size and cotter pins
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Barchock Canton, Mi on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 04:13 pm:

Is there a listing anywhere of the thread size, length etc along with the cotter pins used for a T? I did a few searches and cannot find one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 04:15 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/378898.html?1375711477

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/112965.html

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Barchock Canton, Mi on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 04:19 pm:

fantastic! Thank you!

(need to learn the ways of the search bar)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 04:23 pm:

I don't use the search bar, I use Google.

Just add "MTFCA" to your Google search words, for example,

"cotter pin sizes MTFCA"

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 04:25 pm:

Here's a list of the cotter pins used:

pins

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 06:49 pm:

Google USED to work well for me. Then they changed their approach and I no longer get the results that I used to. I even tell it mtfca forum like I used to, only now I get maybe four results from this forum followed by a hundred results in anything else.

Is there a better search tool out there?

Also. On the subject of hardware. I thought I had bookmarked one of several threads where Steve J and/or others said where to buy rivets online. I was fairly SURE I had bookmarked one of several such threads. But apparently I did not. And I need some rivets. I spent an hour with Google trying to find "Where to buy rivets, on mtfca forum" in several variations of orders and quotes etc. I kept getting the same wonderful Steve J thread about replacing the front cross-member in his runabout. But nowhere in that particular thread did he say where he got the rivets, no matter how many times Google suggested it.

Anyway, since this thread has become about both hardware and search methods, I figured I would ask both questions here.

So where online is most recommended for buying rivets?
Thanks all!
Drive carefully, and do enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 07:02 pm:

Rivets comes from Big Flats Rivets Co in - Big Flats, NY: http://www.bigflatsrivet.com/

I always search google with the choice search words followed by site:www.mtfca.com That'll learn them to search in the right place ;)
The best search method is often to choose picture search at google, then you'll recognize one of the pictures in the thread you're after and gets there right away :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 09:29 pm:

I just wanted to clarify something in Rodger's post above for anyone who hasn't used the tip he provided about searching...

The word "site" followed by the colon is what makes Google look at the web site named exclusively It is easy to miss since the www.mtfca.com changes color. The way to search for "cotter pin" on this site only is to type Cotter pin site:www.mtfca.com with no spaces after the word "site" or after the colon. This works to search any web page. Hope this helps at least one person. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 09:30 pm:

Rivets: What Roger said. Jim Dix, Big flats. He also sells the tools to mash the rivets properly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 02:10 am:

THAT'S IT!!
Thank you Roger and Brian and Steve!

Now, if I could just remember what the other thing I was looking for a few weeks ago and never found so I could try out that search suggestion.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 11:32 am:

I have some original NOS cotter pins, and they were made to the length that Ford specified. Can't get them anymore, so just clip of what you need from a new one.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration