26 Roadster wooden rumble seat

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 26 Roadster wooden rumble seat
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Nanstad on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 07:33 pm:

I thought I would share the rumble seat I made for my 26 Roadster. My car was restored in the mid 1960s and I really didn't want to alter it. The seat is solidly fastened with out drilling one hole in the car. I removed the trunk lid support. Trunk lid hinges have easy remove pins installed so trunk lid can be removed in less than a minute. Rumble seat folds down so trunk is still usable. Floor is supported with 1" oak on under side. Hopefully I manage to attach a few pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Nanstad on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 07:36 pm:

Additional picture if interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 07:41 pm:

Cool :-) For kids up to a certain age?
Do you have bumpers on the car to step on?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

Wow! That looks great!
Nice looking upholstery job too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 07:47 pm:

Well done, Tom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 07:59 pm:

Nice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 10:15 pm:

looks good Tom,here is mine I am still working on it, It folds out into two pieces like the rex lid, Does any one have measurements of one of Wes Sheffeild's lids

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 11:30 pm:

We certainly have some clever people on the forum. It is nice to see these.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 12:47 am:

Like it. Simple, Tidy and functional.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Nanstad on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 07:15 am:

Thanks guys. I do have bumpers that can be used as steps. Kids as young as you can trust to stay seated. My wife who is 5'7" and one grand child fit fine. The seat slightly extends out of trunk so folded down roof isn't right in there laps. Grand kids love it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Nanstad on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 08:11 am:

Spencer that roomy rumble seat will be awesome. In my case there is no way for me to match the 50 year old paint patina. Please share future pictures.
I wish this sight would notify us when someone responds. I am not good about checking the forum regularly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 08:32 am:

Do you just remove the trunk lid?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Nanstad on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 09:31 am:

Yes, to make it quick and easy I have removed the lid support that holds the lid open. The 2 pins in the hinges I removed and replaced with simple Hitch Pins. With an extra hand the lid can be removed in seconds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 10:16 pm:

does any one have any ideas how I should hinge the bottom half, I am thinking model a rumble lid hinges but I am not sure.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration