Old Photo - Mangled Touring Car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Mangled Touring Car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 09:53 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 09:59 am:

Everything was bent and twisted, but the hickory spokes didn't break :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 10:03 am:

We could fix that...... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 10:12 am:

Without being able to see the other side I'm thinking that the drivetrain may be saved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dwyer in Troy, New York on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 11:04 am:

Wow. Seeing photos like that I always got to wonder about what happened to the guy driving the car !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 11:04 am:

now that would require a salvage title

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 11:14 am:

Radiator cap and hub caps are salvageable.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 11:16 am:

So much for oak spokes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 01:41 pm:

Well this explains why the frame was bent on the car I bought! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 02:12 pm:

HI Hon,
I parked the car outside, but I think you're going to need a new top for it. . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 03:03 pm:

Scott,

"Seeing photos like that I always got to wonder about what happened to the guy driving the car!"

Seeing the bowed out cowl and bent over firewall, and also the current location of the steering column & steering wheel, there's little doubt what happened to the driver.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 03:12 pm:

"Ran well before wrecked"

"Some re-assembly required"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 04:45 pm:

You guys assume it was a male driver, for all we know it could be Mrs. Baumgartner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 05:07 pm:

Due to Henry Ford's brilliant design, the drivers door did not pop open.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration