Home City Kansas early T-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Home City Kansas early T-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 12:01 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 12:06 pm:

Overland, Velie, Ford, REO and Rambler! How did I do? Marvelous buildings too.

Good job Herb.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 12:16 pm:

the overland is a 1909 mod 31 with a planetary transmission, 110' wheelbase, 27' wheels, looks like french gray. i have one like it.there are 10- 09s known and i have 5 of them.40 yars of gathering.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 12:23 pm:

also i think the third car could be another velie with a different body,could be wrong???????. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 11:51 pm:

Damn, you guys are not only quick but good!!!!!

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 12:14 am:

It's much different today. All those buildings are gone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 10:10 am:

I think the second car from the right is another Velie, and the third car is a Ford, any way you look at it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 10:35 am:

Can't help but notice the equine exhaust in the center of Main Street.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Brown - Austin, Texas on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 12:20 pm:

Wonder what the standards would be in Califunny for that kind of emission? Oh, wait! That's pretty much all they emit out there these days, so it passes their smell test!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 12:37 pm:

Randy,

It would be examined for texture, consistency, color, oder, weight, volume, gases, solid particles and moisture content. Then a ratio would be established between these findings and the same characteristics in the original hay. Once the data is compiled there would then be a lengthy and heated debate in the legislature over what modifications to the horses digestive system are needed to control the offending components. Once this process is competed horse breeders would begin the process of developing an all electric horse.

No one would notice all the horse s##t burned in remote locations to generate the power needed to charge the electric horse each night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Brown - Austin, Texas on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 12:57 pm:

Henry,
That is too funny! Here in Texas, our legislators just shovel in loads of it on the House & Senate floors so they feel at home! They are careful not to step in it, however they keep a bit of in their hip pockets for identification purposes only.
Thankfully, they only get together every two years, so not too much damage is done!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson Absaroka County on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 01:25 pm:

I seem to remember I while back, they thought about only allowing electric vehicles in the City of Angels. My first thought was how and where were they going to produce the extra electricity needed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 01:35 pm:

"Main Street" is now 2nd Street in Home, Kansas, today. The "A" is at the intersection where the photo was taken 105 summers ago. You can see it was the "Main Drag" years ago.

The little google man has to look across the tombstone patch. The 1909 Model T was in the left corner of this photo where the propane tank is.

Things just keep changing on us all the time!

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 03:24 pm:

The buildings are gone but it looks like the town's people are still there, sort of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 03:46 pm:

Street view is constantly expanding. Eventually it will probably show the rest of the town.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 06:16 pm:

Looks like there was some dust control being done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 06:54 pm:

The building in the lower picture is missing in the plan view. Going fast!

Ken in Texas

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration