USA Scammer exposed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: USA Scammer exposed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 04:29 pm:

For those that have had contact [or could have contact] beware of TL BROWN AUTO SHOP In Sorento Tennessee.
After playing along with him i managed to get an address from him so i could send a friend to go & look at the item.
But when you feed 227 Vine Crt.into GOOGLE ADDRESS SEARCH you sure get a different version of what a Auto Shop looks like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 04:36 pm:

What has this got to do with anything?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 04:41 pm:

Hmmm, according to this list, there is no town called Sorento, Tennessee:

http://www.togetherweteach.com/TWTIC/uscityinfo/42tn/tnpopa/42tnpa2.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karl Gilchrist on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 09:01 pm:

Jerry I think Bob was just giving us a friendly heads up. We tend to forget that scammers don't all live in Nigeria -Karl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 09:05 pm:

Karl, that's what I gathered. Bob, like many non U.S. T enthusiasts, may be a victim of a scammer using a U.S. address.

Bob, I hope you didn't pay "tuition" for your education......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 09:14 pm:

Sorry Mark--Town is LORETTO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 09:37 pm:

Hi Rob , After being involved with E/Bay & their Pitney Bowes parcel shipping association.
i am now very cautious of wanted advertising -- buying --paying & shipping of any size item to Australia.-

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 10:42 pm:

Interesting. Scammers are using addresses that are really existing, but no occupied!

When Google of this auto shop in Loretto TN, the property is listed as for sale on Zillow. It last sold in Nov 2014 and listing is active.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/688-Littrell-Rd-Loretto-TN-38469/41766431_zpid /

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 07:29 am:

If some people would put as much effort into WORKING as they do trying to GET OUT OF work, the world would be a better place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 09:31 am:

In case you don't know scams are getting more common than you think. People trust ANYTHING on their computer without thinking about the consequences.
I started getting suspicious emails about a fellow Model T enthusiast and vendor needing financial help. Instead of clicking on my computer to respond I called him on the phone and found out his computer was hacked and he was trying to recover his personal accounts and information and trying to get started again.
There is no limit what people will do. Its only going to get worse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 09:42 am:

Not only is scamming on the rise, our use of technology to do business is likewise on the rise. Of course, I believe one enables the other. And it will only get worse. Two days ago I was in my doctors office. They had posted a sign informing patients that cash would no longer be accepted for payment. Only credit cards, debit cards and checks are now acceptable forms of payment.

What the heck? I don't think such a policy is even legal, but what do I know?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 09:47 am:

Most internet quotes are bogus. ~ Abraham Lincoln

The internet seems to have a magnetic attraction for scammers and propagandists. If you see a picture of some famous person with a political quote under it, you can be pretty sure a little research will show that it's fake. Why is there such a proliferation of scams and fakery? Because so many people take the bait, the hook, the line, and the whole creel full of baloney.

The only part of the caption I would question is slowly.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration