Ernest Hemmings

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ernest Hemmings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Eliason, Whittier, CA on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 09:14 pm:

I just saw the obituary.

http://www.hansenspear.com/ernest-r-hemmings/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 09:23 pm:

Our sympathy to Ernie's family.

We met Ernie many years ago and bought some parts from him. He was a nice guy and a very significant person in the expansion of our collector car hobby.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 09:58 pm:

I met him once at a swap meet in St. Louis. That would have been in the late 70's. I thought he was a nice fellow. I think I have some of his early Motor News editions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent Boggess on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 10:05 pm:

I had bought Model T parts with Mr. Hemmings many years ago. We always had a pleasant conversation when I would call in my order because his son and I share the same first name.

We are diminished.

Respectfully Submitted,

Trent Boggess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 08:04 am:

I too bought new repo parts from Ernie Hemmings back in the late 60's early 70's. He was a neat guy. If he had a part that, in his mind wasn't the best repo, he would say, "if you can find an original, you will be better off". My sympathy to the family.
Verne Shirk
Wichita, KS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 09:38 am:

I just hope his family knows how much joy his magazine brought to so many people both in reading pleasure and the joy in finding that missing part or project or finished car of our dreams. I know I spent decades waiting for that wish book just like the Sears Xmas catalog when I was a kid. Many of us are driving our own dreams because of him.

Thanks Ernie, you will be missed.

Howard Dennis

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration