Dome light and Pulls for 1925 Coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Dome light and Pulls for 1925 Coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Broussard on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 10:09 pm:

Greetings. Does anyone have a lead on Dome Lights and Door Post Pulls for a '25 Coupe? Thanks for your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 10:35 pm:

If your asking about assist straps not sure that a 25 coupe would have them I will let someone else chime in on that one.
With almost 100% certainty I am almost confident that no dome light was supplied by Ford in the coupe or 2door. :-) If you wanted to add one it would need to be after market era correct. I would get an Western Auto Supple Catalog reprint from about 1926 or other from about the same era and see what there was available to the motoring public for both items.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Broussard on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 10:44 pm:

It is quite possible that the '25 Coupe did not have them...however from a You Tube showing the upholstery job being done on a '25 Coupe, it does show them both...assist straps an the light. The light was located above the rear window and definitely looks to be period correct. All the Top Wood kits I have seen does not show it for the "Dome Light". This guy may have just added them himself. I see no indication that mine had them. Thanks for your reply. I see you're in Portland...I'm in Bremerton, WA and get down to the Portland / Gresham area often.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Mullins Spokane Wa. on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 11:37 pm:

I had a 25 coupe & it showed no indication of ever having these accessories,those must have been added.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 07:39 am:

I have an all original 25 coupe, it does not have straps or light.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 08:21 am:

Coupe

The Fordor was the only style with center mounted dome lamp.

The closed cars didn't have assist straps, it's a Ford, not a Buick :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 09:17 am:

Dome lights were only in the Fordor T's.
I have never seen any evidence they were in the Coupe's.
I have a 24 T coupe that was unrestored before I restored it and there was no indication of a Dome light.
I guess you could install one but it wouldn't be authentic.
Ford did sell a dash light that would be correct I think. Others might know for sure.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration