What can you tell me about the Splitdorf Ford Special magneto?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What can you tell me about the Splitdorf Ford Special magneto?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 10:30 pm:

Was this Model T or earlier?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 09:57 am:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 10:16 am:

Herb,

It appears that this is a Model T accessory high tension mag. It was paired with a Splitdorf aluminum timing cover with a drive gear added. Googling it I found this link that talks about it and has a front view drawing of it installed on a T.

https://books.google.com/books?id=Blo-AQAAMAAJ&pg=PA93&lpg=PA93&dq=splitdorf+for d+special+mag&source=bl&ots=m3P_xQD4bV&sig=QmO8YjXgFssQN6yfXu_G0_a3m1k&hl=en&sa= X&ei=TMP5VL-BCMLXoATd7oGAAg&ved=0CDEQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=splitdorf%20ford%20speci al%20mag&f=false

Hope that this is helpful.

Evan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 08:33 am:

Thank you for finding that.
It is much appreciated.

Herb

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration