Spindle hole repair kit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Spindle hole repair kit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Saniewski Denville NJ on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 06:50 am:

Dose anyone know the thread size to tap for the spindle hole thread repair kit that Lang's sells? The parts come with no instructions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 07:12 am:

Ed, that kit requires the use of the stevens tool. no one is reproducing the tool that I know of. I use heli coils of the proper size to repair the threaded portion unless they are worn to much then I set it aside and dig up a better axle. I think Dan Hatch makes the repair kits maybe he will chime in and give you more info. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 07:16 am:

If you mean the king pin thread at the lower axle hole...it is 1/2-20. The thread repair kit (helicoil) is another matter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 11:50 am:

Ed: Thread size is 5/8-24. I make the reamer/tap that threads the axle hole. PM me for more info. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Saniewski Denville NJ on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 06:36 am:

PM sent

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration