Ot hcca century plaque

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ot hcca century plaque
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza, north adams ma on Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 09:19 pm:

http://www.hcca.org/CenturyPlaques/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 09:29 am:

To each his own. A few people like to screw all kinds of plaques to their dashboards. I think it is all nonsense. I spend a lot of time finishing up a firewall, and I'm not going to put any plaques on it! Besides, any logical person that knows how to count can tell if the car is 100 years old anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 09:52 am:

Funny you should mention that.

I just ordered one of those plaques for my '15 Touring, but was wondering about how to temporarily mount it without drilling holes.
Now, whenever the credit card companies send me an unsolicited, pre-approved credit card in the mail, they stick it down to the letter with some kind of stretchy, temporary glue that peels off and cleans up easily.
I would use some of that temporary gook to stick on the plaque if I knew what the stuff was called and where to buy it.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 10:01 am:

Buy some 3M #4910 double sided clear tape. I taped LED tail lights and strobe lights on my 14 a year or so ago, and they are still holding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 10:21 am:

I heard there was a guy in the HCCA who turned 100. His buddies threw him a big birthday bash. He really enjoyed the party a lot, but you should have heard him holler when they screwed that plaque to his forehead! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza, north adams ma on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 10:34 am:

It is also a searchable database, including pics of most cars

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 11:05 am:

http://www.amazon.ca/BOSTIK-BLU-TACK-HANDY-PACK-SINGLES/dp/B0001OZI70

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 12:10 pm:

Our Title Nazi forced me to attach this when I got my Title. I am like some that think it detracts from the car. I do think the 100 year plaque is a nice gesture from the HCCA but have not applied for any for my 4 cars that qualify for it.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 04:17 pm:

I've seen them mounted to the radiator, down low, as if they were an AACA first prize award. They look good there, and don't interfere with the cooling. They leave no holes in the firewall or anywhere else, and are easily removed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 04:21 pm:

I've seen them mounted low on the radiator with long thin fasteners as if they were an AACA first prize award. They look good there, they don't interfere with cooling, they put no holes in the car, and they're easily removed. The AACA recently came up with its own 100 year plaque, given to any eligible car that participates in an AACA national tour or judging meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 04:22 pm:

Sorry for the double post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 04:44 pm:

It wasn't for 100 years, but this HCCA badge was wired on my roadster when I got the car. No dash holes needed, just a couple of pieces of brass wire. I don't have it on there now because I haven't joined HCCA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 05:01 pm:

Jeeeez Larry......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 05:02 pm:

Anja's parents had a 1928 Chrysler Touring in the early 1950s. (It was their family vacation car - parents and four kids.) They were early - possibly charter - members of the Pioneer Automobile Club in Holland (Member No. 14). I now have their car badge, but am too worried about something happening to it, so I keep it in the bookcase in the living room.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 07:55 pm:

Anytime you at a plaque like that, it looks less like a 100 year old car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 08:05 pm:

Our rad plaques have been on the car for 54 years. The windshield decals 48 years they have become part of the car. I'm going to ad a couple more, there like horns they tend to multiply.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 08:08 pm:

I forgot the pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 08:12 am:

Badges, plaques, whatever awards given to a car are part of the history of that car and certainly, at the owner's discretion, should be displayed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 10:45 am:

I have found that car club rad badges were a 1960-70 thing in are local club you only see the odd window decal. We have 6 horns , most of the club cars have one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 04:06 pm:

I don't believe in attaching things to a 101 Year Old Model T........ OH Wait! I just ordered a Century Plaque from the HCCA to add to my collection!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 04:12 pm:

However I do draw the line at Bumper stickers, Since I don't have a bumper.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration