Another after market part with a why wont the @#** do up?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Another after market part with a why wont the @#** do up?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 02:20 am:

I got caught on this one today, the wrist pin bolts would not align to the thread, not enough dish in the wrist pin, all 4 the same.

Top the good the bottom the bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 07:41 am:

What did the vender say about it? I'd request good replacements at no charge with Air Express delivery. That or break out the grinder.

Who supplied those? Just so I don't get the "shaft".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen -- Ham Lake, MN on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 09:52 pm:

Bought a set of pistons locally 25 or 30 years ago, similar problem. 3 pins were okay, the 4th had NO groove at all. I think we ended up finding a serviceable replacement but it wasn't any fun. The vendor had a "No returns" policy and apologized, said they'd swap me but were gettting out of the T business and didn't have another set. After that I bought from catalogs and if I HAD to buy from this vendor, I'd unbox the item and look it over good before handing over my dough.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration