Old Photo - Lunch Stop

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Lunch Stop
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 11:08 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 11:56 am:

Makes me Hungry. The rear window is like my '15. How much after '17 did they go to the 3 windows? That would be a clue as to the year of this car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 06:38 pm:

Yes that rear window is interesting. Must be a really early '17 and possibly a branch plant car. Gotta hear from guys like Royce or Hap about this one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 09:40 am:

Bud Scudder at one time owned two very original 1917 tourings, one of which he sold to Bryan Ostergren. I can't remember which car it was, but one of the two was very early 1917 model year, about July 1916, and it had an original top with the single oval top rear light as shown in the picture.

So I agree with Dave, the rear window is the sign of an early 1917 touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 10:04 am:

Thanks Royce. It does look odd to see that window on a black era T. I'm a bit surprised Ford changed the window style so many times. I guess it was a cheap and easy way to update the look of a very visible part of the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 11:07 am:

I have a photo of an early '17 somewhere with that style of rear curtain, but I can't find it! I'll keep looking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 11:11 am:

The remains of the original top on my 17, built in Aug 16 had this style rear window.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 11:23 am:

The single window was a carry over from the curtains that rolled up. That fact and changes in the way the tops were made may have been as much a consideration as appearance. There is more waste cutting the curve top windows than rectangular windows no matter how you lay them out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 11:37 am:

I've seen other period photos of 1917 tourings with the "tombstone" window.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 11:58 am:

I found the photo. Looks like they were still painting the hubcap centers black too.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration