61 Degrees and Sunny, Woohoo!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 61 Degrees and Sunny, Woohoo!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 03:04 pm:

I just got back from a drive in my 1924 cut-off touring, it was sunny and 61 deg F, no side curtains, no jacket, I even had to close my floor heater vent because I was getting too warm!

I did have to pull over a few times to allow faster traffic to pass, and I had to pull into a parking lot for one motorist that wanted to take pictures with their cell phone.

Woohoo! :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 05:58 pm:

After seeing this I decided to do the same. Fired up the roadster and drove around the block (two miles). I would have done more, but had other stuff I need to get done. In the ten day forecast all the lows are above freezing. I've been waiting for a warmup to get some outside work done, and some nice T driving too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 06:06 pm:

Don't want to spoil your day guys, but it's 85 with the Santa Ana winds blowing steadily at 45 mph out of the West (which is wrong for this time of year).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 06:13 pm:

Hello Steve: Just to let you know that here in N. California it will be maybe 81+- today, however no rain till next week. My wife went out side short time ago and came in the house and said "OH What a beautiful day it is".
Have not had any cold weather this year, and maybe the warmest on record.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 06:58 pm:

Thanks Bill. We've had the coldest February on record. Got above 40 today. First time since one day in January. Long stretch of 40+ weather ahead. Wahoo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 07:02 pm:

According to my car's external thermometer, it was 65 here today. Supposed to hold for at least a week. Spring may actually be on its way...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 08:23 pm:

Gary: I have lived in Redding Ca since 1956. The coldest was 13, and there was pipes, engine blocks and all kinds of damage done because of the freeze. I lost a backflow valve due to freezing. These valves cast about $350.00 and are required when you have a deep well and are attached to a water district water line..
This winter is or has been said to have the warmest on record. When we moved into this house in 1962 March, we had 12 inches of snow on the ground. Most I have seen here is 27 inches in the middle 60's.
Everyone have a great day and the rest of the weekend.
bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

The weather is satisfying both those who say we are having global warming and those who say we are entering a new ice age!!! I wonder which side will win?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 11:16 pm:

It is suppose to be 43 tomorrow, looks like I am pulling the t out

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 06:03 am:

Bill,
That was the storm (in the '60s) that took out the WonderWorld discount store, eh? In Dunsmuir we were buried too and lost the old Methodist Church, the Community Rec Hall and the SP Roundhouse. No power for a week, I can still remember it! I shoveled more roofs that week than I care to remember.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 10:50 am:

Hope you folks in northern California or for that matter all of California get some rain. From what I read the water table is lowering from thousand year old water pumped out and not replenished. Sink holes are possible.

Where I live the Columbia river is five miles wide probably an average of 20 feet deep and moves several MPH. 40 here going to 60 mid day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 12:14 pm:

David: The storm in the 60's and I think it was 67 I had 27 inches in my front yard. Have not seen that much since.. At least we are not like the east Coast, every time you open your eyes it is snowing and bitter cold. The east coast can have all the snow they can. I spent from November 53 to Mar or April of 54 near D.C going to an Army repair school on heavy equipment and it was cold and some snow. Then in Germany with the coldest winter 35below zero and that was cold for me.
bill d

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 12:15 pm:

Oh I forgot to say that today it may hit a hot 82 in Redding Ca. HO HO HO HO warm Weather

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration