Dating a radiator apron.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Dating a radiator apron.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 05:39 am:

I have a choice of aprons for my 1925 roadster. The best one has no slots for the nickel plated trim piece. There is no hole for the screw which goes into the later engine/spring mount. It does have a sleeve about an inch deep behind the opening for the crank handle. I am hoping this is the correct one for an early 1925 car.
Any thoughts?

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 06:11 am:

NOpe, sounds all wrong to me, since it's the best one, just send it to me, I won't mind using it on my '25!
:-)
(Yeah, it sounds like the right one to me)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 12:29 pm:

I've only seen one 1925 apron with the slots in it for the trim piece, and it wasn't for sale either! You do have the correct one. Usually they need some welding, and patching where they go behind the fender iron.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration