**!925-1927 European Tie Rod/Drag Link/Perch Assembly** (I think)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: **!925-1927 European Tie Rod/Drag Link/Perch Assembly** (I think)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 07:06 am:

Roger Karlsson noted that the assembly I posted under the title of **1926-1927 Tie Rod/Drag Link/Perch Assembly** was in fact the European version. The front axle I thought was an American axle 2691-DF is an English made Drop Frame (what the DF stands for). He also posted some nice examples of the cars, so as not to scrap my drawing, I revised it a tad.

I'll get to work on the American version next.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Bergmann Sydney - Australia on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 07:19 am:

Martin, Excellent parts explosion image. I really like the stub axles (spindles). Quality image to be proud of. Thank you, Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 07:44 am:

Martin -

Beautiful work. Thank you.

One observation - on your first posting of this drawing, you included a number for the perch. On this rendition, the number is missing - was that intentional, or do you want to include the perch number on this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 09:06 am:

Tom, thank you, I'm trying to show as much detail as I can without getting too muddy doing it. That's why I've broken the axle assembly into two parts...three counting the springs, which I haven't posted yet.

Dave, the number I had on the other drawing was Lang's part number for the new perches he makes. When I get the McCalley disc's I'll look for the real parts numbers for all the parts and put them on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 10:50 am:

Very nice work, thanks Martin :-)
This would be closest to the 1925 version, where the spindle looked like this, with the stub axle all the way up:

english spindle

In 1926/27 the regular US 26/27 spindles were used on the drop frame chassis cars too, in combination with the lower arc 1926/27 front spring (but the difference from earlier springs is so subtle so it wouldn't show in your drawings, I think.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 06:59 pm:

Roger, oh, that is different, ok I'll make the change, thanks. Are the flanges on the spindle or are they the bushings?

You're right, subtle differences wouldn't appear however, I'm not doing springs on this drawing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 07:23 pm:

Roger, is the 26-27 European assembly with the wishbone in the same position as the American cars (under the axle) or is it like this 25's?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 07:23 pm:

The updated version is still great :-)
The 26/27 european drop frame cars used the same front axle, over the axle wishbone and perches with cones all three years.

The photographed spindle still has its bushings. Most of the king pin is there too, it's rusted in place and only a half hearted try at drilling it out has been made yet. It's destined for another project that hasn't started yet, have to find some more parts.. :-)

(Message edited by Roger K on March 08, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 07:27 pm:

Martin,

I love IPB's. Yours are great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 09:38 pm:

Ok, so here is the 26-27 European version (with corrected title).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 09:43 pm:

Blast! Sometimes what with moving lines around, adding some subtracting others, things don't always come up the way they should. For example, the highlight on the spindle shaft, only shows half way...I just had to fix it!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration