'26-27 dash screw

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: '26-27 dash screw
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 12:46 pm:

Can someone tell me what was use, to hold the two screws in, on the upper face of the dash. Were they just a loose nut behind, and what size screws were used.

Thanks, Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 12:52 pm:

What body style? On my runabout there's 7 screws holding the dash panel to the cowl. Square nuts behind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 12:54 pm:

Ok, now I saw you have a Coupe on your profile page. Sorry, can't help, but many who frequent the forum has improved coupes and would know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 03:05 pm:

Pat, on my coupe there is a 1/4 20 nut on the back side.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 08:35 pm:

My bad, It is for a coupe. Thanks stephen, I thought they would be something like that.

My Coupe didn't come with a dash installed. If fact there was nothing bolted together. just a pile of body parts, minus the hood, and chassis, and no bolts! That's why I'm always asking questions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 10:23 pm:

Should be 10x32 oval head screws that go into brackets. The brackets have molded or captive nits. The vendors sell interior screw kits with the correct screws.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Monday, March 09, 2015 - 11:57 am:

I have seen pictures of different cowls behind the dash, and none of them have captive nuts. If you hold a 10/32 screw to it, it is way to small. All the other screws that hold the in are 10/32, I have replaced all of them. The two bottom end screws on this type ('27 improved?), don't have the clinch nuts either, but the bottom ones on the other style ('26?) does. Also the end screws that are on the ends have a 1/4-20 flathead screw, with a loose nut on the '27 improved (?) does.

This picture is what I think is the improved cowl, It's the same as the one I put on to my coupe, which was totally different cowl, and dash mounting brackets.

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell on Monday, March 09, 2015 - 10:38 pm:

Pat, None of the screw holes on my 26 are that large. My dash is mounted using 10x32 screws. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of before I installed the dash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 07:33 am:

I'm talking about these two screw holes, in the face of the dash. You say yours isn't larger then the 10/32's
The holes in my dash face look to large for 10/32's (borrowed picture), all the rest are 10/32's

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 05:02 pm:

Pat, I checked my 26 and at least in mine the screw is smaller than a 1/4 and does not have a captured nut behind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 12:05 pm:

Pat, I don't have any screws in those holes that you show. There is nothing behind them either. Not sure why they are even there. I thought you were taking about the two holes on the top edge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 04:58 pm:

I went outside, and put a 12/24 screw in it, and it fit's like it's the one. I put a 10/32 in it, and it just falls through. (this my spare dash, not the one I'm using)

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 09:21 pm:

I temporarily mounted a dash in my coupe today, the screws on the face were 1/4-20, not the 12-24 I thought.

Pat

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration