Ruckstell Axle oil Weight

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ruckstell Axle oil Weight
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 04:41 pm:

Hi All, just a newbie with a tech question about oil in the diff for my 1925 Fordor. Just checked it yesterday, and I couldn't feel a drop with my small finger. I think I read in a Ruckstell book I got with the car, it should be 140 WT. Sound Ok with you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 05:11 pm:

No! 140 is too heavy for a Ruchstell.
140 is fine for a stock rear end.
I would use 90 in the Ruchstell. Or 75-90.
80-90, anything but straight 140.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 06:13 pm:

The ruckstell book by Glen Chaffin says "one quart of 90 or 140 wt gear oil."

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 07:47 pm:

90/140W is just fine, but don't use 600W.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Monday, March 09, 2015 - 01:57 am:

Thanks to all of you for your help, I see Napa has a 80/140W, I can get Monday.

Keith

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration