1926-27 Hood Shelf - Notch Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1926-27 Hood Shelf - Notch Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 10:21 pm:

I am trying to install new hood shelves 4056/57 on a 1926 Roadster and I can't get the holes to line up with the holes in the frame. The new hood shelves I have do not have a notch cut in them for the firewall brackets 3640D.

The pictures shown in this discussion http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/484685.html?1412783376 show a notch at the rear of the hood shelf. The pictures of the hood shelves at Snyders, Langs, and Howells do not show a notch.

Was there a notch at the rear edge of the hood shelf originally? Or Do I have other problems with the firewall support brackets that is preventing the holes from aligning with the frame?

Thanks for your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 10:27 pm:

I have also had to cut a relief in repro hood shelves for the firewall brackets on both my 26/27 cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, March 09, 2015 - 02:30 am:

Yup, you have to cut the notches in...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration