Need Assistance re Edward Towe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Need Assistance re Edward Towe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Jonkey on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 11:44 pm:

I am new to this site and although I do not have a Model T I do have a 1934 Ford Pickup truck V8. I am attempting to trace the ownership of this truck. I understand it was once owned by Edward Towe, placed in his museum in CA. During his IRS issues, he possibly moved this truck to Genoa, NV, where he ultimately sold it to a local resident possibly in 1990 or so. It eventually ended up with me in 2014, has only 7,000 miles.

I would very much appreciate any info you guys may have to verify this tale. The truck is unique in that the body has been re-painted red over red, the fenders/running boards a yellow which I think is Tacoma Yellow. The wire wheels are yellow.

Thanks in advance for any help offered....Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 11:47 pm:

Bill try over at Fordbarn.com also. They have a very active V8 section;

http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Monday, March 09, 2015 - 11:48 am:

Bill,
You might try contacting Karen at the California Auto Museum in Sacramento. This is where a large portion of the Towe collection was until the IRS got involved. There might be some old records.
director@calautomuseum.org

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, March 09, 2015 - 01:45 pm:

John - I had the same idea, except I thought her name was Kristy, or Kristie, or Christy, Christie,........? At any rate, she is the daughter of Edward Towe,.........harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Monday, March 09, 2015 - 07:23 pm:

Harold, Kristy is no longer with the museum. Karen McClaflin is the executive director. Hopefully there are records in their archives of the disposition of cars that have been at the museum... John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 02:29 am:

Thanks John,....shows how much I know, huh? Everything changes eventually I guess,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 02:31 am:

Well, I guess that shows how much I know, huh? Seems that everything changes eventually,....thanks John,....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 02:35 am:

Well THAT was weird! Went back into the thread after I posted my 02:29 post and it was not there! Thinking that I did something wrong, I re-posted my comment at 02:31 and went back in to check,....AND THEY WERE "BOTH" THERE!

Oh well,.....whatever,....seems like I can find a more than one way to double post,....ha,ha,....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 04:07 am:

And Harold! We love ya for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H. Nichols on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 02:25 pm:

Harold, You need to remember that how things change the more they remain the same. After all look at Henry and his T. It was a low priced, economical to own and put America on wheels. Other manufacturers ( even today ) are emulating Henry with their volume. But no matter how you slice it there is probably more T's registered
than there are VW. Bugs.

my Nichols worth FWIW

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration