How to contact members

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: How to contact members
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Leonard on Monday, March 09, 2015 - 10:11 am:

I am new to the MTFCA and the Forum. So far I have found a lot of good information (thanks to everyone who has posted). However, I haven't been able to find a place to search for existing members, particularly people who belong to the MTFCA and I have their names. Can someone help me out? Thanks very much for the information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, March 09, 2015 - 10:29 am:

Here's a way to see if there are more forum members from Pennsylvania: http://goo.gl/Ow06zy

There is no demand to be a MTFCA member to participate in the MTFCA forum, so some aren't. (I've joined the Swedish Model T club for example)

Here is a listing of local chapters in PA:
http://www.mtfca.com/clubpages/chapters.htm#pa

MTFCI also has two chapters listed for PA: http://www.modelt.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=15#P A

Good luck finding local T:ers :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, March 09, 2015 - 10:30 am:

Click on the person's name. At the bottom of the profile is a link to send a PM. To find something a person has posted so you can click his name, use the keyword search at the top of this page. Be sure you put the name in quotes. Example: "Jack Smith". If you leave off the quotes, you'll get everybody named Jack and everybody named Smith.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, March 09, 2015 - 11:25 am:

Also, A glitch I have found with our forum's search feature is that it is case sensitive. There is a box to check when searching which says, "Case does not matter" but it doesn't work. So pay attention to whether someone capitalizes his name or not when searching for him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, March 09, 2015 - 11:47 am:

Ok, I misread the question - here's the search function Mike talks about: http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-search.cgi
It's the keyword search linked up at the top or down at the bottom of the page.

Search for a certain persons posts by changing the fifth line down "Look in:" from "Text of messages" to "Names of author"

Write the name in the top line and be sure to use the proper case and click search. Many long time members have so many posts over the years so the search function gets overloaded. It'll work better by restricting the search to a number of days - can be in the thousands - or by restricting the search to a certain forum year - that's in the next to last line, "Search topic:" - choose year. If you want to contact the person whos posts you find, you can click on a post and then click on the name to see the profile. In the profile you'll find a link to send a PM. Many older profiles aren't clickable any more - the forum has crashed a few times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, March 09, 2015 - 09:27 pm:

Dear Bill

I think the answer to your question is that the MTFCA does not have a listing of all of its members. It is a privacy issue and a lot of members do not want their address, phone #, etc. to be made public.

If you know a person's name AND you know they post on the forum, then you will probably find a way to contact them here with a PM. If they have not posted on the forum recently or at all, then you might be lucky if you enter a post stating that you are looking for a particular person. Someone here that knows that person might help you with that.

Good luck.

No, there is no directory of current members.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 09:14 am:

I've always thought it'd be nice to have a directory of MTFCA members, but I realize with all the "comings & goings" it might be a chore to keep it up to date.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 09:30 am:

Privacy isn't the only barrier to a roster. I believe there have been such publications in the past, and Mister Thrifty took a pass because of the price.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration