Old Photo - Posing Before The Drive Home

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Posing Before The Drive Home
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, March 09, 2015 - 08:01 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 02:49 am:

As usual, another nice photo Jay, as well as the others you posted along with this one. I never think to say thanks for all the great photos you post but I sure enjoy them.

Might make one comment though; as much as I enjoy yours and other old photos like Herb Iffrig also posts, some of them are really "sobering" and make me stop and think about "life" in general, and how short a time we're all here:

Just think,....this photo seems to be of a practically new Model T, judging from the "factory gloss" still evident, which means about 1920 or so, (give or take a year or two) and that means that there is little doubt that these folks are by now, all gone! Mom and Dad, the little girl, and the little boy too as he would have to be nearly 100 years old by now if he was still alive, but rather doubtful.

Enjoy life and your families to the "max", and drive your Model T as much as possible while you can,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 09:02 am:

Harold, I've shared those same thoughts as yours on other posts too. I think of that about every time I see one of these neat old pictures. They're not only an "old picture", but a documentation of the history of someones life. There is probably some descendants of those two little kids around somewhere, how cool it would be for them to see this picture (if they don't already have a copy of it) and to post even a little bit of background info on it and their lives.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 09:14 am:

Judging from the wheels it's probably an '18. I was going to say '17, but it appears to have square top sockets, a side mounted horn button, but what is that doo dad on the top of the steering wheel?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration