Just wondering

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Just wondering
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 07:43 am:

I have not seen this bracket before. Am I missing a bracket, I don't remember seeing holes there. What is the notched slot for?

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 08:00 am:

Cowl vent control?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 08:06 am:

Is it from a 26/27 Fordor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 09:27 am:

If that's for a vent control it can't be 26-27. The "vent"on those has a gas tank in it. Did any Ford dash come with a speedometer hole? I don't think so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 09:30 am:

That could be a 26-27 closed cab TT panel. They had a cowl vent but no cowl gas tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 09:38 am:

I have a 1926 4 door with the gas tank under the seat and it has a cowl vent.
gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 09:42 am:

The Fordors kept the tank under the drivers seat for 26/27. If it's for a TT truck, then it's a '27 since they kept the rectangular switch panel for '26.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 10:37 am:

As others say; it's for a 26/27 Fordor cowl vent. The control handle ratchets into the 4 positions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 11:41 am:

A guy is selling it as a '26-27 dash. He did not say Coupe, Tudor, or Fordor. Is it interchangeable, other then the brace.

I'm not buying it, I was wondering about the brace.

Thanks for the information, I learn something all the time

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 12:11 pm:

Steve,

"Did any Ford dash come with a speedometer hole?"

Not from the factory. The speedo was a dealer added item. Or, of course, something an owner might have done himself later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 12:19 pm:

Not a TT dash. Wrong shape.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 01:35 pm:

Here's a picture of the whole front of the dash

Pat

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration