1908 T expert wanted!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1908 T expert wanted!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G. Wayne Miller on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 10:22 am:

As some of you know, I am an author whose next title, CAR WARS: The Fight for Supremacy between Ford and Olds and the Dawn of the Automobile Age, will be published in November. One passage contains a technical description of Ford's first T, which was shipped on October 1, 1908. Is there a T expert out there who would be willing to read what I have written and confirm its accuracy -- or correct errors? I have drawn my description from trade journals of the time and other sources, but would greatly appreciate a look from an authoritative source. Many thanks. You can write me at: pascoagwriter@yahoo.com -- I will then send the passage for critique. Wayne Miller, www.gwaynemiller.com. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CarWarsBook

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 10:33 am:

PM sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 12:59 pm:

Kim Dobbins is your man.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 03:18 pm:

Don't forget there is no 1908 model. The first model year was 1909.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / MN on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 03:48 pm:

Thank You Dave Wells!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 11:00 pm:

Did you get enough about Ernie Keeler from Carol? I hoped to be copied on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 07:24 am:

Recommend you also review the posting at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/492557.html?1415528250 especially the entry at:
Sunday, November 09, 2014 - 09:56 pm: which contains the entire article Trent Boggess wrote "Model T Number One" article from the Nov-Dec 2004 "Vintage Ford" magazine. It includes a copy of the original shipping document for car #1. Other parts of that posting are also great as there are two different views of what most likely was car #1.

And yes, Kim Dobbins would be an excellent person to review the information as would Trent Boggess.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 07:32 am:

One guy comes to mind but he's at a party right now.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration