Orginal T Manual

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Orginal T Manual
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 06:57 pm:

I would imagine that this question is ask by every new member so here it goes again. Are copy's of the original Ford manuals available? If so where? I did get the manuals from MTFCA but they are not to complete such as I did buy the manual on the front and rear axles because I am looking for accurate measurements of the rear axle all bearing surfaces and limits. I looked thru the manual and did not see these measurements. Going to look some more maybe I missed them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 07:29 pm:

Richard, I used the MTFCA front and rear axle repair manual and the necessary measurements for the axle, bearings and etc are listed. Page 23 and 24 have the measurements for the rear axle and related parts. Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 07:59 pm:

Thank you John found them where you said they would be. I overlooked it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 09:36 am:

The Model T Service Book, and the Ford Manual are two different books.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 10:29 am:

Larry where are these books available?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 10:53 am:

Richard -- The Ford Service book is a must-have for Model T owners. It is available from all the T parts vendors, and its part number is T-1. That should show you how important it is.

The Ford Manual is a driving and operating instruction book which came with T's when new. Those are available reprinted for many model years, if not all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 10:56 am:

https://www.modeltford.com/pl.aspx?t=s&v=books&page=1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 11:27 am:

The Ford service book and the MTFCA books are a must. There are others that help you figure out what part you want for a particular year. More info on that here: http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG80.html.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 12:27 pm:

I recently purchased a book at
http://www.themotorbookstore.com/19fomotsema.html
It appears to be a reprint of the 1919-1927 Model T Service book mentioned by Mike above as part number T-1 (printed previously with a green cover and currently with a black cover). The copy I bought is an 8 1/2" by 11" version with a blue and white cover. The font size is larger and the pictures are clearer, in my opinion, than in my copies of the green and black versions. This larger size version is available at the link mentioned above as well as on eBay.

There is another book on eBay and Amazon listed as a Model T Ford Factory Service Manual. It has a 1926-27 Roadster on the cover. I do not have this book but the few reviews on Amazon are not very positive. This version - just like the green, the black, and the blue and white versions - has 296 pages which I assume is the same content as the other versions.

I do not have any interest in the companies that sell any of these books and only offer this as information which others may find useful. I agree with Steve and others that the Model T Service book/manual and the other Manuals from the MTFCA are very good and useful books to have.

The prices of the "Service" books can vary from $12 to $60 depending on where you are looking to purchase. The blue and white version I bought recently was $20 including postage.

Hope this is helpful to others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 01:07 pm:

Well now,

In the past there have been discussions about dues, fees, etc. in order to support the MTFCA website and museum.

How about a "painless" way to support our organization?

Buy your "wants and needs" here:

http://modeltstore.myshopify.com/products/service-manuals

And...

as the "proprietor(ess) wrote:

"Should you have special needs, please contact the Model T Ford Club of America at 765-855-5248 Email: barbara@mtfca.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 01:43 pm:

Hmm, some folks claim I have "special needs" but I don't think they're the kind the Model T club can fix. . . .
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 01:50 pm:

David,
Model T owners (and caretakers) have a near monopoly on taking care of those with "special needs".

(I say near)...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration