Jumbo Planet jr transmission

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Jumbo Planet jr transmission
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rose on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 07:11 pm:

I bought my brother a Planet jr transmission for a model T. Does anyone know anything about such a transmission. I tried posting a picture but get a message saying file too large.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 07:29 pm:

The file size limit for pictures is 194K on this forum. Here is a website that can resize your pictures for you if you don't have an application on your computer:

www.picresize.com

Is it by chance a Jumbo Planator? See the thread below:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/82767.html?1239397282

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 08:14 pm:

I have a Jumbo Planetor in my '27 touring. Low is great for parades and low /high is great for climbing hills. Shifting quietly is very difficult but it can be done. If the spring is weak they tend to jump out of gear but after going through my spring pile I found one that worked perfectly. I like the unit and don't understand why they apparently did not sell all that well. I originally had it on my '14 but when I moved to Florida there was no reason to use it as there are no hills so I swapped it out for my '27 that I keep in the mountains. The whole swap from one car to the other took less than 3 hours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rose on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 11:04 pm:

Finally got the picture to post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rose on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 11:13 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 12:04 am:

Let's hope it didn't stand like that for decades with rain filling it up from the u-joint..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 04:35 pm:

The other thing about the Jumbo Planetor is that it gives you a free neutral and it can get stuck in neutral so auxiliary brakes are a must if you plan to use it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 04:45 pm:

Interesting to see truss rods on a 26/27 rear end - they were more common before 1915 when Model T rear ends were much weaker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 05:34 pm:

Truss rods probably installed because of the additional mass of the Planitor. However truss rods are not seen when Langbein, Rocky Mountain, Universal drive-line transmissions are mounted...also Ruckstell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 11:40 pm:

Stan and I rebuilt mine in 2013. Fairly straight forward. We posted some pictures but I was not able to find the thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 12:26 am:

Here's Stan & John's Planator thread: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/366101.html?1370871637

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration