Neat Accessory

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Neat Accessory
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 08:45 pm:

None of my fleet have doors, but this was about the neatest accessory I have seen in a long time and I had to snap it up. An emergency gas tank designed to fit in the door panel of a T. Absolutely NOS - incredible condition. The greatest thing about this tank is the original instruction label glued to one side - amazing that it survived 90+ years:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 08:58 pm:

My dad had one of those years ago - it was still installed in the door. It was with a group of very nice parts from a Model T touring that had been dismantled early on and then kept in good storage that we picked up in Pelican Rapids, MN.

Yours is the third one I have seen but the first one outside of Minnesota. Note that it was made in Minneapolis.

Erik in Minneapolis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 09:44 pm:

Ron, I had it in my watching, but with Chickasha coming up I opted to not try for it, and save my money. or we could have got into a bidding war. :-) :-) glad you got it ... nice piece....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 02:50 am:

I have never seen one. But then I don't live near Minnesota.
Thank you for sharing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 09:02 am:

All I can think of is how many were sold to carry bootleg hooch back in the day....

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 10:53 am:

Donnie - funny thing, I used the fact that, sadly, I am NOT going to Chickasha to justify trying for it! I should get your EBAY bidding name via PM to avoid any bidding wars with you in the future. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 12:19 pm:

I was thinking the same thing Larry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 03:27 pm:

Larry, Hal, I guess our criminal minds just run in the same gutter. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 03:48 pm:

Gee, you guys are going to take all the fun out of watching T-bay!!
:-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration