Flushing block on a 25tt

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Flushing block on a 25tt
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Wheeler on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 05:04 pm:

Found a lot of rust in the water jackets and loose rust putting on a new radiator would like to remove as mush rust before I install the new one. Any ideas would help,thanks Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 05:20 pm:

Don't know if you want to do this but the best way to clean out the water passage ways is to remove the head. If its heavily rusted you can use a screwdriver or rod to start cleaning out the 1/4 passageways in the block and head.

After you do that, CAREFULLY use a 1/4 drill to clean them. Sometimes those holes can be almost blocked.

Using a speedometer cable in a drill works good in the large passageways.

If removing the head is out of the question you can use vinegar or air pressure to clean things up internally.

Others will have other ideas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 06:02 pm:

John is right on. You should pull the head, clean out as much crud as you can, then flush it with water. Then do it again.

It's best to first park it where the water will drain away. Don't ask why I mention this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 06:34 pm:

A couple of flushing videos from Steve Jelf Productions: :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnOZ2MZt5FY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ3nkPm87X0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 06:36 pm:

Also out of sight of the neighbors too!!!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Wheeler , Carson City, NV on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 07:25 pm:

Thanks David live in NV don't have neighbors, don't want to pull the head wil try pressure, air and water first, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 08:36 pm:

After you have as much rust removed with the head on. Block the inlet hole, install the outlet with a section of hose then fill the block and head with evapo-rust or a 7:1 mixture or water/molasses and let it soak.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 10:01 pm:

CRL. A qt. mixed with 2 gallons of hot water.
Leave it in 20 minutes, flush with clear water.
Don't leave Evaorust or molasses in more than day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 10:02 pm:

Maybe it is CLR

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 10:05 pm:

I pressure washed out my block by pulling the water inlet and outlet then jamming the wand in there at full blast at every angle I could think of. All sorts of junk came out but when I later pulled the head there was a lot more stuff left in the water jackets. Just something to think about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 12:33 am:

I think it might be CLR. I have done a Model A block with the evapo rust and it was in there for way more then a week. Took a lot of rust and "stuff" out. Not as good as an acid wash but helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 03:02 am:

CLR? Translation please!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 03:38 am:

Calciun-lime-Rust remover, CLR, should be available in a super market or hardware store, is at my end of the world.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 08:53 am:

I've posted this before, but in case you didn't see it. Its a simple flushing rig that goes between the bottom radiator connection and the block connection, replacing the pipe. It connects a garden hose and flushes water back up through the radiator to the engine, then discharges out to the ground. I hooked it up to my car and let it run for about 15 minutes and all kinds of crap came out. Its just PVC pipe and a hose connector. Easy to make.

flush

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration