TT high speed gears??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: TT high speed gears??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 07:59 pm:

I was sorting through my TT stuff and one of my high speed sets has a square end for the driveshaft on it rather than splined. Does this come from an early rearend or what?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 08:07 pm:

I believe that it was adapted to accept a U-joint for use on a tractor or doodlebug.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 09:03 pm:

OK, so it's probably not street worthy anymore, just Doodlebug parts. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 09:47 pm:

I would say it just Doodlebug parts. The shaft has been cut off and the end of a drive shaft welded on from what I can see in the photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erick Keenan - Vineland NJ 08360 on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 07:13 am:

Could that be for an early AA? I have seen Warfords for the early AA have a square hole.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 09:47 am:

The early 28 AA's had a worm drive for a short time.I had 1 and wish I had kept it. :-(

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration