26 touring side curtain snaps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 26 touring side curtain snaps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 09:45 pm:

Can you get the part that is attached to the Body between the doors?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 10:22 pm:

Don, I bought mine from Langs. The repro socket that fits the hole in the body does not fit as well as the original. There is also a special tool that Langs sells to install the sockets with. They are hard to get a tight fit in the body. I suggest to buy at least one extra maybe even two extras.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 10:36 pm:

Thanks Donnie, is it the SNAP-R part number in langs catalog?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 03:49 pm:

'26-'27 side curtain fasteners, lower one is the socket (female) {Lang's p/n SNAP-R} to place in the sheet metal. The upper pictured part is the male part {SNAP-M} with spring loaded prongs, with pushbutton, attached to the fabric curtain, to fit into the SNAP-R.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 06:19 pm:

How do the new snap-Rs fasten to the body? The new ones just sort of stick in the holes, I don't see a way to secure them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, March 20, 2015 - 11:22 pm:

Factory is interference fit. Worn old socket holes might not give the grip. Have used a smear of JB Weld to secure,wiping excess away immediately with dampened cotton swab. Worked for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 03:40 am:

The body snaps are installed with a punch that hits the dimple on the base and expands the slits on the side. If a Model T dealer does not have the tool look in the Model A section

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 08:12 am:

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 09:51 am:

They were probably still using Anzo fasteners in 1926 too.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration