1910 Touring Body.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1910 Touring Body.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 01:06 am:

A good friend, Lee Votrabeck from Iowa will be bringing the back half of a 1910 touring to Chickasha. It has the doors with latches and door handles.

This is "barn fresh" and is in very nice condition for having 105 birthdays.

The tool compartment behind the kick panel is also there in nice condition.

Lee is in spaces SN 14 thru 17 & SO 14 thru 17. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 10:02 am:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 11:22 am:

looks great nice pics!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 10:30 am:

Did the back half of the 1910 Touring sell and how much? Did anyone get any pictures of it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

Did anyone see it at Chickasha?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 07:57 pm:

I saw it there with Lee, do not know if it sold?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 07:55 am:

Rick:
I was at the event until 10:00 on Friday, where that half body was still on the same trailer that it had arrived on, along with one of the two early frames that had accompanied it to the show. Not sure whether this means anything, but hope this information is helpful
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 08:16 am:

I saw it there and asked about it. I might have a picture of it in my phone. That would take an act of congress to get off of there.
It was cut maybe half way at the sill area. It was in really pretty good shape for a barn find.
The man I spoke to said it had been found in a barn someone had bought. The original leather was there and though still was not broken. The color was a faded, washed out green that you could see the grain of the curved wood in. There was no buggy rail on it. The tool box lid was there for the area under the seat. I don't remember the seat cushion being there. They wanted 3,200.00 for it.
Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 08:17 am:

I don't think it sold, price was 3000.00 for the seat and both doors with latches.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 12:45 pm:

that wood have been a bargain if you had needed it.sure can't build it for that.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 11:56 am:

The body was not sold and has returned to dry storage in Iowa City, Iowa area. The price being quoted was $3200 but there may have been some leeway, I am not sure. Kim has described it correctly and no, there is no seat bottom. All of the underseat wood is there and I am fairly certain that there is no rot and it is very solid. No buggy rail but brackets it would bolt to are. Lee can be contacted at 319-551-1583 on his cell. Mike

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration