OT - can anyone help edit an audio file?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - can anyone help edit an audio file?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 08:22 am:

I had the good fortune to speak with, and record, a conversation with relatives of an early Ford employee. They relayed some interesting stories, and I would like to put the recordings out to the public. However, due to my ineptitude as an interviewer, I would like to have some of my questions edited from the tapes. The files are 8 and 4 megabytes, and I am able to email if someone has the ability to edit them. Please send a pm, or email me direct at rob4holly(at sign)hotmail.com. My cell is 402-643-0235

Thanks for any help,

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 09:29 am:

i use a program called audacity for editing streamed music, it would work for you on this project too. its free, ask mr google about it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 09:56 am:

Clayton,
Thanks. I would like to find a good iPad app to edit with. Maybe someone knows of one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 10:12 am:

No pad software is going to be able to do what Audacity does. It has numerous filters available to remove pop and click, change tone, increase volume, fade, remove noise and a slew of others. Not to mention editing tasks such as adding, moving and deleting.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 10:14 am:

Thanks guys. Maybe I need to dust off the old laptop....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 11:26 am:

Doesn't Steve Jelf and Stan Howe work in radio. Perhaps if you contact them they can share some tricks of the trade.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration