1910 Canadian Touring for auction

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1910 Canadian Touring for auction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Friday, March 13, 2015 - 07:32 pm:

http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2015-shannons-melbourne-autumn-classic-aucti on/ford-model-t-tourer-2/#.VQNwN00cSUk

Sadly health issues have forced my Dad to sell his much loved 1910 Model T Tourer. On behalf of Dad I have entrusted the sale to my one of Australia's best known Auction houses for early cars to handle the sale.
The car has a full known history and was featured in the October 2010 edition of Model T Times. The car features all the correct items for this car, no. 14529, January 1910. Open valve block, Kingston fiveball carbie, Two piece timer. Jacobson Brandow coilbox and coils, All matching original E&J brass lamps, Rubes horn, Square hole RHD transmission cover, two piece driveshaft, 6 rivet diff, one piece spindles finished in stunning Carmine Red paint.
Thought5 you all might at least enjoy the pictures of the car! Warwick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, March 13, 2015 - 07:41 pm:

Nice ones Warwick, I see that the purchase fee has come down at Shannons, last time I went it was $1000.00 good to see that they are looking after the interests of the buyers and not their own pocket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, March 13, 2015 - 09:18 pm:

Warwick,

I'm sorry to hear of your Dad's health issues. We will keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

I checked and the electronic version of "The Model T Times" stops at Nov-Dec 2009 so I will have to dig through the hard copies to find the article. If it isn't already documented in the "Model T Times" article, would you please take a photo or write down any body number or body letters that you might find? You commented it has a full known history. Do you have any records from the Benson Ford Archives indicating when the engine was sent to Ford of Canada? Bruce McCalley (R.I.P.) was only recording about every 100th engine by the 1910 section. He noted on page 486 of his book "Model T Ford" engines 14,500 & 14,533 were shipped as "engines only to Canada. And do you have any records of when the car was shipped from Canada? Which port it left North America? And when it arrived in Australia? I don't think any of that will have any impact on the sale of the car -- but it might help us better understand what was occurring back then if you have access to any of that type of information.

And yes, the photos are beautiful! I'm sure the car will find a good new home. [I suspect for some of you it is only a car. But I didn't have a dog when I was growing up. Instead I had several Ts, a Model S, and some later 1929 Model As that were always around and sort of helped to raise me. And just like Rin-Tin-Tin (for those who donít recall seeing that TV show please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Rin_Tin_Tin ) those Tin-Lizzies and other old cars helped keep me out of trouble. I never once got a ticket for going too fast in any of them. And I spent a lot of time working on them etc. And because of that, just like many folks would want their faithful dog to go to a good home, some of us want our cars to go to a good home also.]

Respectfully submitted,

1915 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, March 13, 2015 - 10:42 pm:

What a beautiful car!

Warwick -- I too am sorry to hear of your Dad's health situation, and I know that both of you will miss having the car around to enjoy. But whoever buys it will get a beauty and will enjoy it a great deal, I'm sure. One thing about it, all of our Model T's will outlive all of us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Friday, March 13, 2015 - 10:55 pm:

Hap,
We are fortunate to have the copy of the original job card for the car. The engine number is listed and the card marked 'chassis only' for Canada. We can only guess as to what happened when the chassis and engine arrived in Canada. From there, thier is a missing gap as to when the car was completed and shipped until it was sold new at the Ford agency in Colac, Victoria Australia. The body and fenders are new reproduction so there is no recorded body number. Of interest to you Hap is the Canadian body plate with the engine number stamped on it affixed under the front seat. This plate was preserved from the wreck of the original car.
Mike, I will be sad to see it go but I am lucky to now own the first Model T my Dad restored 45 years ago, his old 1916 Touring. It was the car that started my interest in Model T's. I will still have the pleasure of watching Dad smile each time he rides with me in the 16! I wont miss polishing that brass.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration