'26-27 Column to dash

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: '26-27 Column to dash
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Friday, March 13, 2015 - 08:07 pm:

Is there anything that goes around the column at the dash, to stop it from rattling. Or do you just make something yourself?

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, March 13, 2015 - 08:42 pm:

There is a column support clip. Interesting,the early ones were fairly thick,but later changed to a pretty thin piece of metal. These were stacked in the parts dept., and sometimes you can still find one that is really 2-3 stuck together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, March 13, 2015 - 09:01 pm:

From the Body Parts and Price List, '26-'27

p/n40160X Cushion (steering column)

p/n40166X Cushion (steering column) lower

Lang's sells the 3500RC replacement cushion, works too on the '22-'25. You need 2 for the '26-'27. While not a real good repro, the original cushions were more like thin fabric filled rubber like material, works better than no rubber cushion as you will have a visible gap and rattles without something there. I have used generic rubber u channel to get by.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Friday, March 13, 2015 - 09:13 pm:

i got this on my coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Friday, March 13, 2015 - 11:22 pm:

Pat, I found a hunk of felt for a gasket or seal cut it to fit and it worked well. Looks old timey too !!!

TT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 08:42 am:

Thanks for the info, and idea's. I don't need it yet, but now I can make it, or add it to a order I make.

One thing I don't do, is run out of questions. Here I'm learning all the time!

Thanks, Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 12:53 pm:

Wayne

Lightened up your picture some :-)

Felt piece is a good idea for rattle less.

Here is dash without the cushions for the upper and lower, and you can see the amount of gap. Henry filled that with the cushions!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Webb on Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 01:16 pm:

You can cut a piece of rubber tubing and slit it lengthwise and put it on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 05:20 pm:

Warren, my thought too. I have time to make a nice looking one.

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Woodard on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 09:59 pm:

What is the lever all the way to the right in the dash for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 10:21 pm:

Adam -- That's the choke when you pull on it and the fuel/air mixture adjustment when you turn it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Woodard on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 10:51 pm:

Ok. I have a hole in my dash and found a part that looks like that. Before my grandpa died he was getting things together to fix up. I have been looking at the choke and mixture adjustments, and my adjustment needle has a flat plate and not a "U" shaped where the adjuster hooks to. How can I modify it?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration